family

family
The Agnews plus ZsaZsa

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Light hearted notes from an old church musician

As a new blogger, I'm going to follow the suggestion to have "theme days".

I spent nearly 30 years singing and playing at weddings, funerals, anniversaries, etc.....
some stories will be funny, some sad, some bizarre!!!

As I heard the church bells this morning, I got to thinking about my Grandma G's funeral...
she was the first grandma to die for many of us cousins.....the funeral home had a small room where the organ and musicians performed....we had cousins with instruments and cousins that sang....it seemed like we were jammed in that room like sardines....as we somberly waited our turn, the funeral director came in, quite stoikely....stood there a few minutes....then in a flash!!!...whipped out this long list and asked, "anybody wanna buy some girl scout cookies?!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment